Legalization of documents
Instruction for the legalization of documents by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine
1. The Department of Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine pursuant to the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations (1963), the Consular Statute of Ukraine, approved by Decree of the President of Ukraine 127/94, conducts legalization of documents issued by official bodies of Ukraine directed for circulation abroad.
2. The Department of Consular Service legalizes the following documents:
- original public documents of new Ukrainian sample, issued by authorities registering acts of civil state, certified by regional Department of the Ministry of Justice in the region (oblast') of their issuance; Department of Justice in the Autonomous Republic of the Crimea; Municipal Departments of Justice in Kyiv and Sevastopol; Central and Livoberezhnyi Authorities registering acts of civil state.
- original documents of education (diplomas, certificates of degree etc.) of international sample shall be legalized if the application letter of the Higher Educational Institution issuing such document is provided. This letter should be certified by the Ministry supervising such Institution.
- copies, translations and other documents, certified or issued by State notaries. These documents should be certified by the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine.
Upon legalization by the Department of Consular Service, public documents should be certified by diplomatic mission or consular post of the State wherein they will be used.
3. Publicdocuments, executed in a foreign State,could be legalized by the Department of Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine after being certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the State (or other body authorized to certify the documents designated for use abroad) from which they emanate and by a Consular Post of such State, representing this State in Ukraine.
4. Documents belonging to natural persons (citizens) shall be accepted for legalization only if a passport or any other document identifying person is provided; as far as the legalization of documents certifying marital status is concerned, a national passport is required. When handing in documents for legalization belonging to or written out for another person, an applicant should present notaries letter of attorney issued by the owner of these documents. A letter of attorney, issued by competent bodies of foreign State should be certified in Ukrainian Consulate in this State.
5. Documents of legal entities shall be accepted if the application letter on a letterhead with a requisite and a seal of the enterprise is provided. Such application letter must contain: a list of documents, purpose for legalization of documents, information about a person authorized to hand in documents. Where necessary the Department of Consular Service may require other (additional) documents to ascertain the facts indicated in documents subject to legalization.
6. All citizens handing in their documents for consular legalization shall fill in an application form.
7. Consular fees for legalization shall be paid directly in the bank office located in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, upon documents subjects to legalization have been handed in:
51 UAH for documents of private persons;
170 UAH for documents of legal entities.
8. Inthe case of legalization on urgent procedure the double consular fee is to be paid.
9. The Division ofobtaining documents and documents authenticationof the Department of Consular Service is open during all working days:
- reception hours–9.00-12.00;
- obtaining documents hours–16.00-17.00 (Friday–16.00-16.30);
- Address of Department of Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: 2, Velyka Zhytomyrska St., Kyiv, 01018;
- Telephone number for other inquiries: +38 (044) 238-16-69;
- Fax: +38 (044) 238-16-69
10. The rules of consular legalization in foreign Consular Posts based in Ukraine may be obtained only in these Consular Posts.
Легалізація офіційних документів
Legalization/Attestation of official documents at the Embassy of Ukraine in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan
The procedure for consular legalization of official documents is established by the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations of 1963, international treaties and current legislation of Ukraine.
Legalization is a procedure for confirming the authenticity of the originals of official documents or verifying the authenticity of the signatures of officials authorized to certify the signatures on documents, as well as the validity of prints of stamps, seals attached to the document for the purpose of using it abroad.
Legalization in the established procedure of the document gives him the right to exist in international circulation.
Legalization is not subject to:
- documents and acts that are in conflict with the laws of Ukraine or which, by their very substance, may harm the interests of Ukraine or contain information that defames the citizens' honor and dignity;
- originals, copies and photocopies of passports, military tickets, work books, documents having the character of correspondence, permits for carrying weapons, certificates of registration of vehicles (technical passports), driver's license, identity cards, regulations and explanations regarding their application.
- documents issued by bodies and officials in excess of their authority.
If there is any doubt that the documents submitted correspond to the laws of Ukraine or the host state, the consular officer has the right to apply to the competent authorities of the respective state or to the relevant authorities in Ukraine according to official explanations.
When submitting official documents for consular legalization:
- Individuals submit a document certifying a person, and an application for consular legalization;
- legal entities submit a letter of request regarding the commission of consular legalization.
In case of submission of an application by the representative of an individual or legal entity, an authority or other document confirming the authority to act on behalf of these persons is submitted.
For consular legalization a consular fee is charged.
For legalization should be submitted:
Individuals submit a passport and fill out an application for consular legalization. If necessary, to file for legalization documents that are owned or issued on behalf of another person, the applicant must provide a notarized power of attorney from the owner of the documents;
Legal entities submit a letter of appeal (the form of the institution must contain the requisites and the seal), which states: the list of documents submitted for legalization, the purpose with which they are legalized, information about the person who is authorized to represent interests in the certification of documents.
- Individual documents - $ 80;
- Legal entities and organizations documents - $ 300.
Consideration is $ 10.
For registration of documents in urgent order a double fare of the consular fee is charged.
Consultation and reception of documents is carried out by the Embassy of Ukraine in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan from 09:00 to 12:00 every Tuesday and Thursday. Issuance of legalized documents takes place from 16:00 to 17:00.